The savannah plains of Masai Mara are the essence of East African wildlife, swarming with herds of Zebra and Wildebeest, dotted with Acacia trees, and inhabited by the intriguing Maasai people. It is home to a mind boggling number of wild animals, offering the chance to see Wildebeest and Zebras migrating, to feel the vibrations of their thundering hooves underneath your feet, and to watch Lions stalk their prey or even a majestic Elephant feed her baby. Mara Safari can be the opportunity of a lifetime to glimpse rare and beautiful creatures and even fall asleep to the sounds of a Lion’s roar.
During the months of July – September, millions of animals, in search of fresh pastures & water, cross over from the north of the Serengeti in Tanzania to Kenya’s Masai Mara. The sheer scale of this migration is overwhelming, with 1,300,000 Wildebeests, 360,000 Thomson’s Gazelles, and 191,000 Zebra to name a few species forming a part of this spectacle. This pageantry becomes even more dramatic as a variety of birds, including the mighty Ostrich, the Martial eagle, the Secretary bird, Buzzards and Vultures, etc., are added to the equation.
- On this photo-expedition and safari, explore the ever-changing tableau of Masai Mara
- Wildlife Witness and record one of the natural wonders of the world, the annual migration across the Mara river
- Capture action and light as you frame dazzling herds of Zebras, majestic Lion prides, and Wildebeests as they cross the deep Mara River
- Photography friendly drivers and guides/naturalists trained to position vehicles at spots for the best photo opportunities
- Hands-on photography assistance in the field Image-reviews, post-processing and presentations & post-tour guidance, advice and assistance
What to Expect:
- This expedition is rated as light; travelers should be in good health and comfortable sitting for extended periods of time. Excursions include safari drives in open vehicles on dusty, bumpy roads; nature walks on uneven terrain and sometimes climbing stairs without handrails.
- Our aim is for you to leave as a better wildlife photographer than you were when you arrived. The photography of our guests comes before our own, though we too click. And, we will always ensure our guests have the right of way.
- As a rule – in any natural environment, Wildlife always comes first, we come second. The welfare of wildlife is of prime importance, and we will ensure that it is not compromised or impeded by our presence.
- All accommodation with full board meals during the tour as detailed in the plan
- Park entry fees as applicable and fixed by the appropriate authorities managing the park/parks
- Safari Vehicle for the game drives as indicated in the plan
- Transfers from Nairobi to Mara and back to Nairobi by flight.
- 2L of complimentary bottled drinking water per person per day.
- International airfare from your destination to Nairobi
- Visa application and fees to enter Kenya
- Mandatory vaccine necessary and its fee
- Travel Insurance covering adventure sports category with support in Kenya and its fees
- Tips, taxes, currency conversion charges & bank transfer charges as applicable
- Any expenses of personal nature and anything which is not explicitly mentioned in the inclusions
Land at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, clear immigration and meet our guides at the welcome point of the airport arrival terminal. Get Transferred to Wilson airport, for our scenic flight to Maasai Mara National Reserve.
Upon arrival at the camp, freshen up, get briefed about the program from our expert guides and proceed to Dinner and rest overnight.
Each day, we will start early by 530AM for our game drive with packed breakfast and lunch. We will spend the entire duration inside the park and have our Bush Breakfast and Lunch along the river or in different points of attraction.
Our Experienced guides, upon the latest happenings in the park, will drive you to the best positions for excellent photo opportunities.
Each evening after the game drive, we will sit together for a review meeting and setting the expectation of the next day.
After our morning breakfast, we will have a farewell conclusion session, and depart to the airstrip to board our flights back to Nairobi. Upon landing in Nairobi, get dropped in a city hotel or Jomo Kenyatta based on your personal plans post-expedition.